Show the people you care about some love with this TMJ-friendly Valentine’s Day treat. Taste of Home’s Mini Raspberry Mousse Parfait recipe is an indulgence that is easy on your jaw and waistline. Unlike sugary chocolates, each serving of this decadent mousse has just 143 calories and 4 grams of fat.
- 1 ¾ cups of raspberries – fresh or thawed, unsweetened frozen raspberries
- 3 tablespoons of sugar
- 2 teaspoons corn starch
- 2 teaspoons orange juice
- 12 ½-inch cubes of angel food cake
- 1 1/3 cups whipped topping
- Chocolate syrup (optional)
- Press raspberries through a strainer to get rid of the seeds and pulp. Sit a few raspberries aside for the garnish.
- Using a small saucepan, combine the sugar and cornstarch before stirring in the raspberry juice. Bring the mixture to a boil and stir continuously for 2 minutes until thickened.
- Refrigerate the mixture until chilled.
- Divide the chilled raspberry mixture into two equal halves. Stir the orange juice into one portion and set aside.
- Put the remaining raspberry mixture in a small bowl and fold in the whipped topping until smooth.
- Put three squares of angel food cake into four dessert dishes. Layer a little bit of the raspberry-orange mixture on top of the cake followed by a 1/3 cup of the creamy whipped mixture.
- Refrigerate until serving.
Happy Valentine’s Day from the team at MedCenter TMJ!