National Chocolate Chip Day on May 15th is an opportunity to indulge in one of America’s favorite cocoa treats. Like we need a reason to enjoy chocolate chips!
Cookies may be the first thing that comes to mind, but there are a lot of delicious ways to use chocolate chip morsels. Some of them are even downright healthy. Chocolate chips can be added to yogurt or trail mix to add a touch of sweet cocoa flavoring. Or you can make eggless, edible chocolate chip cookie dough.
This simple recipe from Kailey’s Kitchen is a surefire hit with people of all ages who can’t resist a scoop of cookie dough. The soft, cool dessert is also a great addition to any Memorial Day celebration.
- 1 stick softened, unsalted butter
- 6 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons refined sugar
- 1 cup and 2 tablespoons of all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup milk chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Add butter, brown sugar, refined sugar and vanilla extract to a mixing bowl. Using a stand mixer with a paddle attachment, beat the ingredients until smooth.
- Add the flour, baking soda and salt to the mixture and mix thoroughly.
- Add the milk and mix until the dough is firm and smooth.
- Next fold the chocolate chips into the dough with a wooden spoon.
- Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for up to 2 days or you can freeze it for up to 3 months.
That’s it. With a few ingredients and a little mixing, you’ll get fresh cookie dough that’s safe to eat!