Eggs are a big part of the Easter tradition, which means you’ll probably have leftovers after the celebration. It’s the perfect opportunity to make a nutritious meal that’s easy on the jaw.
This colorful Easter egg salad includes a few extra healthy ingredients. If you want to add more flavor, spice things up with a little curry powder.
- 6-8 hard-boiled eggs
- 2-3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped purple onion
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1⁄4 cup frozen peas
- 1 teaspoon curry powder (optional)
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- After removing the shells, mash the eggs together in a bowl.
- Add two tablespoons of mayonnaise, as well as the salt and pepper. If you’re adding the curry powder, include it with the salt and pepper here.
- Mix thoroughly. Add more mayo as needed.
- Add the chopped onions, capers and frozen peas.
- Mix well and refrigerate until it’s time to serve.
The Easter egg salad can be put into a sandwich or served on bite-size pieces of soft bread. The recipe above makes 4-6 servings depending on the number of eggs that are left over after the hunt.