So much of our health is tied to the food we eat. Unfortunately, many Americans consume way less than the recommended number of daily produce servings. St. Patrick’s Day is the perfect time to have a greens day!
It’s time to break out the blender and start St. Patty’s off with a spinach orange breakfast smoothie. The citrus will give you an energy boost sans caffeine. The combination of produce also provides healthy dose of antioxidants while the hemp seeds provide protein.
- 1 navel orange, peeled
- 1/2 banana, peeled
- 1 cup tightly packed organic spinach
- 1/4 cup coconut water, adjusted as desired
- 1 tablespoon hemp seeds, optional
- Prepare all the ingredients and add them to the blender.
- Mix on medium until smooth.
- Pour and enjoy.
Happy St. Patrick’s Day!