Why eat just one fruit or vegetable when you can eat several of them all at once. This Grilled Peach and Mozzarella Salad will make a delicious and refreshing meal on a hot summer day or at your next BBQ. We’re giving it a twist by adding watermelon as well! Avocado can also be included for an extra boost of healthy fat and nutrients.
- 5 yellow flesh peaches
- 1 pound watermelon sliced into rounds (optional)
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoons tequila (optional)
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 6oz. washed baby arugula or spinach
- 3/4 pound fresh mozzarella, cut into 16 quarter-inch thick slices
- Garnish: fresh cilantro sprigs
- Peel and chop one peach for the dressing.
- Cut the remaining four peaches into 28 quarter-inch thick rounds. Discard the pits. If using watermelon cut the fruit into rounds as well.
- Using a food processor, blend the chopped peach, green onions, cilantro, honey, salt, lime zest, lime juice, cumin, chili powder and, if desired, the tequila. Process for 10 to 15 seconds until smooth. Add the olive oil and pulse 3-4 times.
- Coat the grill grate with cooking spray before heating. Preheat grill to 350-400° or medium-high heat.
- Brush both sides of the peach rounds and watermelon (if using) with the dressing.
- Grill the fruit for 3-5 minutes on each side or until grill marks appear. Keep the grill lid closed while cooking.
- While the fruit is cooking, lay a layer of greens out evenly on four plates.
- Once the fruit is done grilling, begin alternately layering the grilled peach and/or watermelon rounds with cheese slices. There should be four fruit rounds and four slices of cheese per plate.
- Drizzle the remaining peach dressing over each fruit/cheese stack and garnish with a sprig of cilantro.
You’ll have a nutrient-rich salad for four that celebrates summer season produce!