Avocados are a super food for a reason. They help support liver health, provide monounsaturated fats, have tons of potassium and many other nutrients. Plus, there’s another benefit for people with TMD. Avocados also have a creamy, smooth texture that’s easy on the jaw.
Since we’re celebrating Cinco de Mayo this month join the fun with this delicious, nutritious Mexican guacamole dip.
- 3 ripe avocados (slightly soft when squeezed)
- 1 smallonion, red or white, finely diced
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 1lime (juiced)
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- Tabasco sauce (optional)
- Sour cream (optional)
- Cut the avocados in half to remove the flesh inside. Discard the skin and pit.
- Place the avocado into a medium bowl, mash and stir with a fork until moderately creamy.
- Add diced onion and tomatoes to the avocados.
- Add the lime juice, salt and pepper to taste. Add the tabasco sauce to your liking.
- In a separate small bowl add 2 tablespoons of the dip. Add 1 tbsp of sour cream and adjust your seasonings. Taste it to determine if you prefer your guacamole with or without sour cream.
- If using sour cream add 4 tablespoons or more to the avocado mixture and adjust your seasonings again. If not, put the guacamole in the fridge to chill.
- Serve chilled with chips or add a little guacamole to your favorite Mexican dish.
Happy Cinco de Mayo!