What’s delicious, nutritious and perfectly celebrates Dairy Month and National Fresh Fruit and Vegetables Month? This strawberry shake!
Shakes are a great way for TMD patients to get nutrients when chewing is difficult. As Dr. Pettit mentioned, sugar can damage your teeth, and refined sugar is particularly difficult for the body to process. Instead of using refined sugar, the healthy shake recipe below uses honey and strawberries for sweetness. Using low-fat milk also helps reduce the sugar count.
- 2 cups low-fat milk
- 1 cup frozen strawberries (or your favorite berries)
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine the milk, fruit, honey and vanilla extract in a blender.
- Blend on med to med-high until smooth.
- Pour into two tall glasses.
In just 10 minutes you’ll have a cold treat to enjoy on a hot summer day!