There’s nothing like warm, freshly baked cookies on a cool November day. These Pumpkin Spice Cookies are right out of the MedCenter TMJ recipe book. It’s the perfect blend of sweet and spice with the familiar holiday flavor of nutritional pumpkin!
Servings 36 Yield 36 cookies Units US
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box spice cake mix
- 1 (15 ounce) can solid-pack pumpkin puree (the small can, not pumpkin pie mix)
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or 1 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup raisins (optional)
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (optional)
- 1 cup cream cheese frosting (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray cookie sheets lightly with vegetable spray.
- In a large bowl, mix the cake mix and pumpkin together with a fork or mixer until well blended; stir in nuts, raisins, or chocolate chips, if desired.
- Spoon large rounded scoops of the batter onto the cookie sheet; the dough won’t flatten out much. How you place them on the sheet is pretty much how they’ll look after baking.
- Bake for 8 to 15 minutes, depending on the size/thickness of your cookies.
- Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for up to 5 minutes before moving them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Frost, if desired.
How many cookies you get depends on how large you make them of course – just increase your baking time if making larger cookies (it’s truly difficult to burn these, but they will get crispier & less moist). Store in a plastic container or bag and these cookies will stay moist thanks to the pumpkin.
Happy Thanksgiving from the entire team at MedCenter TMJ!