We’re right in the middle of the coldest time of the year in the Northern Hemisphere, but there’s a deliciously easy fix – hot tea! Tea is a healthy beverage that’s low in calories and full of antioxidants. When you need to warm up make yourself a cup of this vanilla tea.
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 bag orange pekoe tea
- 2 tablespoons of milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of sugar or sweetener (optional)
- Heat one cup of water until boiling.
- Pour hot water into a mug and steep the tea bag for three minutes.
- Remove the tea bag and discard.
- One at a time stir in the milk, vanilla extract, cinnamon and sugar or sweetener if desired.
In just five minutes you’ll have a hot beverage that’s perfect on a cold winter’s morning, afternoon or night.